Why does my S5Mini go to sleep and doesn't wake up?

A

AC Question

S5Mini goes to sleep and donsn't wake up .

After purchasing my new S5Mini got the SIM in and turned it on all seem to be fine,
After first time the phone went to 'sleep' I pressed the home batten but the phone didn't wake up and didn't show any thing on the screen beside the a blinking blue LED light on the top left of the front of the phone.
I try to turn it off and back on from the on/off batten but no success.
The only thing that helps is by removing and re installing the battery and turning it back on, but after few minutes it goes back to sleep and the issue reruns all over again.
Did any one had this issue ?, if so how can it be resolved?
appreciate you feedback
david

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: S5Mini goes to sleep and donsn't wake up .

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

If that doesn't help, then try booting into Safe Mode. Safe Mode prevents all 3rd party apps from opening. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then you know that something you installed is the culprit--the challenge then is to figure out which app. You may have to uninstall apps one by one. If, on the other hand, the problem remains in Safe Mode, then the issue lies with either the hardware or the system. Steps are at the bottom of that linked article.

If that also doesn't help, then there might be a problem with the hardware--specifically the power button. You'd have to contact Samsung, since the phone should still be under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress