How do I stop my voice text from repeating everything twice?

A

AC Question

Every time I voice text, my phone repeats the sentence or paragraph twice. Anyway to avoid this annoyance?

equiremedy

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Re: How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

Guys,

Having the same problem when long-pressing the home button (androidui stop) I tried to change the launcher from TouchViz.

Surprisingly "Launcher for Galaxy Note 7" from "Beautiful Theme Launcher" is running correctly even with the most recent updates for Google applications.

Please do not take it as the advert, but as one of workarounds for the current situation. I use my phone as a tool so I don't have time to checj the other launchers.
Hopefully I can go back to TouchViz soon, because I get use to it :)

Have fun!

P.S. as expected Google Launcher like TouchViz are not working.

EverMod

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

I have a giant favor to ask of the next person who successfully performs this fix: once you remove the update and turn off auto-updates please check your App Manager to confirm whether or not the Google app still appears within.

I did the fix and the Google app no longer shows up in my App Manager, probably nothing to be concerned about since it continues to show up in Google Play Store but I'd like to know if this is normal behavior.

Also, once in your App Manager please note you can swipe to a number of tabs (downloaded, sd card, all, etc), these are views that filter the shown apps; to show all installed apps swipe to the "all" tab.

Eternal Fire

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

ok everyone who is experiencing this error knows how annoying it is so its a simple fix go into your google play search up google quick search and scroll until you see a app that is already installed and simply un install it it fixes the problem immediately.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

I have no idea how to Uninstall that update that has my phone messed up. Help

Sheila -

1. Tap the Settings Icon (usually a little round gear icon). This may be on one of your phone's screens, or you will find it by tapping the icon that shows all your apps.
2. On the next screen, scroll down to Application. First screen that should show up is Downloaded.
3. Scroll down that screen until you see 'Google App'
4. Tap on it - a window with the apps info will open.
5. In the upper right, you will see a box that says 'Uninstall Updates'. Tap on that.
6. Warning boxes come up - click OK on whatever comes up.
7. Android will uninstall the update - and probably back to 'factory version' which is the version of the App that came with the phone.
8. Once that is done, tap the Home button to return to your normal screens.

Long press Home to multi-tasking should be restored.

Depending on the vintage of your OS will determine which version of Google App you now have - unfortunately no way to (officially) roll back to the App that was working before this last one. So with luck, a patched version will be released soon.

Meanwhile, to complete this fix -

1. Open Play Store
2. Search 'Google App'.
3. Open 'Google' - the app description in the Store.
4. On the open description page, look to the top right where you will see 3 dots.
5. Tap on them and in the window that appears, uncheck 'auto update'. This will prevent this troublesome version from reinstalling on your phone.
6. Tap Home button to exit Play Store.

Just a reminder to not use 'Update All' (if you do) when installing upgrades/patches but rather, install each app in the list separately, avoiding the Google App.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Had the same problem since 1/21
I uninstalled the google app and everything went right back to normal!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems it was the January 20 version (6.10.37.16 according to Play Store in my case - running OS 4.2.2.) that was the issue. Some variants for other versions of OS might make it a day later...?

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

I have a giant favor to ask of the next person who successfully performs this fix: once you remove the update and turn off auto-updates please check your App Manager to confirm whether or not the Google app still appears within.

I did the fix and the Google app no longer shows up in my App Manager, probably nothing to be concerned about since it continues to show up in Google Play Store but I'd like to know if this is normal behavior.

Also, once in your App Manager please note you can swipe to a number of tabs (downloaded, sd card, all, etc), these are views that filter the shown apps; to show all installed apps swipe to the "all" tab.

Google still remains in the App Manager here - but not in Downloaded, as those would have been the updates. The factory installed version is shown in All, however.

EverMod

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

Google still remains in the App Manager here - but not in Downloaded, as those would have been the updates. The factory installed version is shown in All, however.

Much thanks for the response. Yeah, no sign of the Google app remains within the "ALL" tab of my App Manager which I find kinda nutty since it still shows as an intalled app within the Google Play Store menu.

Is it possible that the current version of the Google app went by a different alias in it's earlier iterations? Being that my home button function is back to normal and the phone isn't exhibiting any other issues I'm not going to lose sleep over whether or not I'm now missing any apps.

AfaMobius

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site

thank you , it worked for me , honestly i feel little bit sad that this app isn't working anymore because the google launcher for me "was" the best , considering the easy news feed that related to what you search for :/

hill8570

May 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm getting the same crash on an S4.

FWIW, if you hold the phone in landscape mode before doing the long-push, it works (you get the list of recent apps and the task manager / Google / Close all line at the bottom). If you rotate the phone back to portrait before exiting the screen, crash-ola.

Just in case you'd rather wait for an update rather than revert all the way back, mess up your screen / wallpaper / widget arrangement, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty