How do I stop my voice text from repeating everything twice?

A

AC Question

Every time I voice text, my phone repeats the sentence or paragraph twice. Anyway to avoid this annoyance?

Teachaman

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Re: How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

I did the same, and it worked. I then reinstalled it an it worked. Google did something lately. Look at the dates of the posts.

brysonbrenda

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Did you all have a recent system update? Try using Kies to reinstall the firmware, in case something went wrong with the update.

Similar threads merged.

No I did not install anything. In safemode still systemui problem. I tried to uninstall Google several times but can only update. I did that and have powered off and still systemui problem. This only started little over a week ago. My friend who also has Galaxy 3 has same problem.

chuckkey19

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site

I have had the same issue with my S4 mini for about a week. Uninstalling the Google quick search app corrected it immediately. I hadn't even realized that app had updated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

No I did not install anything. In safemode still systemui problem. I tried to uninstall Google several times but can only update. I did that and have powered off and still systemui problem. This only started little over a week ago. My friend who also has Galaxy 3 has same problem.

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Go to Settings>Apps​, select the Google app, and tap Uninstall. You will probably see a message that it will uninstall updates and revert to the factory version -- agree to this.

ZwedZ

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site

I found out what caused it. Earlier today google pushed an update for their google quick search app ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e.android.googlequicksearchbox&token=QPRWJ7Lz ), this update broke my home button.

So uninstall the app and you should be fine for now.

Thank you sooooo much. Tons Tons Tons. even i faced the same issue. tought my os is crashed so i reinstalled new one. but again everything updated and same issue. then i tought my SUPER SU is causing. then turned on my Phone in SAFE MODE, Faced same issue. then i was clear its due to some google update. just was unable to rectify which one. Thank you buddy. i was restless for past 6-7 days,
GOD BLESS YOU.:):)

Last edited by a moderator:

Don F Holmes

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site

Thank you for the tip on uninstalling Google update. It fixed my Samsung S8 pad.
I have spent many hours over several days clearing system cache and trying other methods from the net none of which worked.
Why doesn't Samsung send out an advice to all registered owners, on these problems, with fixes. It would save a lot of anguish!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Is it's proper name "google quick search"?
I'm just not seeing that app on my tablet.

Welcome to Android Central! It should just be called "Google App." If you don't see it in the Settings>Apps menu, then tap the Menu button at the upper right of that menu, and tap Show System (if it's an option).

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Hi,
Does anyone know if Google have released an update/fix yet?
Thx

Google App on Store still dated 20 January (version 6.10.37.16.arm for my tablet) as of 2 February, and that's the release that's buggered.

Recent release history suggests Google puts out a version once a month, and around about the 20th. Reviews in Play Store reflect problem and I know some have emailed to posted Developer email (apps-help@google.com), but silence on whether they are working on a fix ASAP - or care. Assuming its an Android and not a Samsung issue. But then, Samsung silent as well...

Jont68

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

I have the same issue on a Galaxy S4 Zoom (the model with the big optical zoom lens). It started a couple of days ago. I've done a factory reset on the phone and installed no apps, but I've allowed the default apps to update and it's started to do the same again. :'(

However, uninstalling all updates to the Google app seems to have fixed the problem, so this seems to confirm that Google have issued a dodgy update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure if anyone has commented on this yet, but it'd be interesting to hear if anyone on the beta version of the Google app is having the same issue on their Samsung devices.

Jack Barker

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site

Yeah! Google seems to have fixed it. New update on playstore. Version 6.11. I have installed this update. Enabled Google now launcher and I now have the voice search back with home button working as normal. Looks like Thunderbirds are go. Happy installing folks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Yeah! Google seems to have fixed it. New update on playstore. Version 6.11. I have installed this update. Enabled Google now launcher and I now have the voice search back with home button working as normal. Looks like Thunderbirds are go. Happy installing folks.

Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for the update!

Mookie Me

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site

It seems to have worked! I just Uninstalled the app and turned it off. I also cleared the cache files. Tfs this fix. I appreciate the work yall do.

bill94

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site

Yes, the Google app update of Feb. 2nd 2017 did fix the problem for me. It is ok to update and use the Google app.