Why samsung phones batteries dies so fast ?

A

AC Question

hi ,
i am asking about the reason which makes samsung phones batteries charge and drain so fast ?

- i am not looking up for solutions , i want to know the reason ? is it the android os ( how ? ) ? or some kind of technology samsung uses ?

thanks in advance

anon(8413510)

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Good battery life here on note 3
Over 3days standby and over 4 hours screen on time.still 38%battery left.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• tempFileForShare.jpg
    tempFileForShare.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshots_2015-01-31-02-06-22.jpg
    Screenshots_2015-01-31-02-06-22.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 20

Eslam Sayed

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
thanks for your reply , but
what you said creates another question or ensures my words .

i am asking about samsung phones which have this battery problem , why ?
and why a phone like the one you pointed to does not have this problem ?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not aware that Samsung phones do charge faster and use more battery charge than other manufacturers' devices. Are you sure of this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Everyone's use is different. One major variable is cell signal strength. The weaker the cell signal, the faster a battery will die. Even though these are pocket computers, at their core, they are still a phone, and one that will kill itself to hold onto even the weakest of cell signals.

Eslam Sayed

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
unfortunately , you did not convince me , you are talking as the whole issue is not a flaw , and i am asking because i know it is a flaw , a flaw does not exist in iphone for example .
- why i-phone does not have this flaw , and samsung phones do ?

2- it is the most important question for me ,
- who is responsible for this whole website and forum ? is it samsung or who ?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You have not convinced me it IS a flaw. It is unfortunate its happening to your device, but most forums revolve around people asking for help. If you look through all the forums, you could argue the same for the S5, M8, G3, etc.

The iPhone is not immune to flaws, either.

The forums are NOT overseen by any OEM, nor Google.

From an AOSP M8

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Eslam: Phone batteries are an astonishing technological achievement....such tiny packages capable of powering a phone for many hours, and we're all indebted to the manufacturers of them, in spite of our frequent complaints about 'disappointing' battery life. You'll find these complaints from users of all brands of phone. But if what you say is in fact true, Samsung themselves may be able to offer an explanation if you ask them.

Eslam Sayed

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I really do not know how you can see that it is an individual cases , there are phones keeps power for days not hours , and ofcourse there are reasons , reasons like the way the phone has been designed ,
for example (scientific fact) , " moving the battery out of the phone and entering it again and again many many times reduces it's age " , you can not do this in iphone , a reason which makes iphone batteries lasts longer than samsung .

2- you can not say that the reason is the visual effects of android , because all os use visual effects , and does not affect on it , which means that there is something wrong with android .

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yet at the same time, you cannot say it is the OS, as if it was, Android would not have an equal or greater market share than Apple. It may be true that the lower end phone s that Samsung makes doesn't get the same Quality Control that the higher end ones do, but to lump them all together is not fair either. To make an analogy would be just because an Audi transmission went bad at 40,000 miles doesn't mean that all Audi transmissions are bad.

From an AOSP M8

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
The bottom line is, phones are phones, and their batteries die. Your usage will control the outcome of the duration of the battery, but if it is really ridiculous drainage, call Samsung. Some last longer than others.

Eslam Sayed

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
another thing we can mention , and i think it is existed in the lower and higher end phones , because it belongs to the android os , and it exists in the higher and lower end phones , which is dealing with apps and background process ,
off course you all know that all processes of the apps are always on , even if you closed it , it start automatically , you can not say that you want power this process on and power the other off in any android phone or specifically samsung phone .

off course this slows down the phone and sure will consume the power of the battery , am i right ?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
What I meant in my previous post - and I was trying to avoid being too long-winded about it - was that those small batteries can light up a display for several hours, give a typical day's use of the phone, or of course last for several days if you don't use the phone very much, and that all that, to me, is astonishing. We must seem to the battery manufacturers, with our complaints about battery life, to be ungrateful and unappreciative of their efforts.
If your hypotheses regarding Samsung devices and the Android OS are true, it would be worth contacting those two companies and asking some technical questions which most of us here are not really qualified to answer with much certainty. You can keep asking us questions here if you like but there's a limit to how much we go on trying to answer them to your satisfaction. We use Android devices and the Android OS. We don't say that they're perfect, but we do say that we like them.
Why not do some research yourself and try to find out the facts....when you've done so, share them with us.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
another thing we can mention , and i think it is existed in the lower and higher end phones , because it belongs to the android os , and it exists in the higher and lower end phones , which is dealing with apps and background process ,
off course you all know that all processes of the apps are always on , even if you closed it , it start automatically , you can not say that you want power this process on and power the other off in any android phone or specifically samsung phone .

off course this slows down the phone and sure will consume the power of the battery , am i right ?
That isn't how Android works. When you back out of an app its suspended; not drawing any power. The app is cached so that retrieval is easier. Android is not Windows, so it like having RAM full, so that it can utilize multitasking in this manner.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/380592-guide-ram-android.html

From an AOSP M8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard