My S2 I9100g does not detect external sd card?

A

AC Question

External Sd card was working fine few days before but suddenly it stopped working. The storage section does not show anything. It shows mount sd card option and under it is written insert sd card. It is not even asking for formatting. I tried to use that card in other phones too . The same problem came. I have a lot of data on it. Please give a suitable suggestion to make sd card working fine.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't have any data on the card, what you have is a piece of plastic with some silicon in it that no longer functions as an SD card.

If it's a SanDisk card, go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support and open a live chat (upper right part of the screen).

If not, contact the company that made the card (or the place you bought it from) but don't hold your breath.

That's why I buy only SanDisk cards. The only one I ever had problems with broke due to my clumsiness (it still works, but I'm afraid that if I remove it, it'll fall apart), and I have cards (still working) that have 2 digits before the MB (not GB) designation. You pay a little more but get a lot more.