Why is the music I am downloading being opened with HTMLviewer?

A

AC Question

This started to happen just a few days ago when I was downloading some music from an app when I went to go in my music player I usually see it in my recently downloaded playlist but it wasnt there. At first I didnt find it to be unusual because sometimes my phone doesnt support that file, but it wasnt there at all. So I tried to download the same song on a different app but it didnt show up either, so I tried another app (and this one displays when its downloaded at the top of my screen) and when I clicked on it HTMLViewer poped up with the words naf-naf. I have no idea what this means and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall my apps but it keeps happening and I'm not sure how to fix it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have, and which app are you using to download music? Are you sure the music is downloading as an actual mp3 or other music file?

Marnee Moreno

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the note 3 and the apps I'm using MusicLab and something called music download, I checked on my files and it says that it can't support the music file. The thing thats weird though is that these apps were working fine just a few days ago

Kama Jae

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Im having the exact same problem! Music lab puts downloads into html viewer instead of recently added, it Just started today after I deleted a few things PLEASE HELP its depressing lol

Christopher Cramer

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have, and which app are you using to download music? Are you sure the music is downloading as an actual mp3 or other music file?

I have a LG - LS720 and yes im positive
Its going downloading as a mp3 file it downloads and when it opens it just says NAF NAF in the html viewer im using an app called music box

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to Settings>Apps, tap Menu, then Reset All App Preferences. Now try opening the mp3 file again, and see if it gives you the option to select a different app to open it.

Amosite1969

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone been able to figure this out? I have a Galaxy S5, and noticed this happening to my music downloads a couple weeks ago. But figured I did something wrong. I have been using multiple music download apps and multiple players, but nothing works. Plus, the files that I have downloaded don't work, even if I download them to a different device (laptop, etc.). What the hell is Naf-naf?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I realize you're probably being facetious, but in case you're serious, just be aware that we aren't an official tech support site. The Ambassadors and Moderators on this site are all volunteers, with other jobs and lives. We try to answer what we can, but sometimes we just don't have an answer. Sorry!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
B. Diddy is right. Speaking for myself, I have no idea at all for a fix. Noooooo idea at all. But a SIMPLE Google search revealed that NAF may stand for Not Accessibility Friendly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No one knows how to fix this yet? come on android central! Get it together.

I tried to download the two mentioned apps. Music Paradise would not download anything on my N5. Just kept getting a download failed message. MusicLab required another file to be downloaded (something I already didn't trust) and the download failed in both Chrome and ES Downloader. Since these are fresh installs for me on a different device from what is mentioned, it is either an error in the app, or an issue with the servers. Either way, it's not really anything the end user can do.

Also, please note B. Diddy's reply:

I realize you're probably being facetious, but in case you're serious, just be aware that we aren't an official tech support site. The Ambassadors and Moderators on this site are all volunteers, with other jobs and lives. We try to answer what we can, but sometimes we just don't have an answer. Sorry!

aishakhalid

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
So lately I have been trying to download some songs using and app I have always been using and it has always worked with out any problems.....however today I tried to download songs and they did download however when I tried to open them in my downloads a white page opent on html viwewe written naf-naf.....what does it mean and how can I fix this? Please help....it's really frustrating...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So lately I have been trying to download some songs using and app I have always been using and it has always worked with out any problems.....however today I tried to download songs and they did download however when I tried to open them in my downloads a white page opent on html viwewe written naf-naf.....what does it mean and how can I fix this? Please help....it's really frustrating...

Welcome to Android Central.
So far, no one knows of a fix yet. Sorry.

Romeo1313

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem, I use a different music player than the stock Google Play Music, so I had it disabled. I enabled it once again, and the mp3s started working. Hope this helps for you. To enable it, go to application manager under the disabled column, find Google Play Music and enable it. Cheers

Epicsteve

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I turned off Google music and turned it back on with no results, I did however download an app called 'Mp3 Music Idrisyou' and you can download songs right on the app and it also has a music player with all your music on it and you don't need data to run the app and listen to music, just to download... the only cons I found were that it downloads kind of slow, not unbearably slow though, the average song maybe takes 30 seconds to a minute and a lot you can't make playlists although you can 'Favorite' songs and listen to just them so it's kind of a playlist, but you can only have one... hopefully this helps anyone else to kind of patch up the problem!

VFoxx

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problems as everyone else. I read all of the comments and I went into systems >apps. Then I forced stopped my music apps. Went back into the apps and it worked!!! Hopefully this will work for others. Good luck everyone. ~VFoxx