My google search is not reporting any results after lollipop 5.1 update?

A

AC Question

After the recent Lollipop update, my google search bar has stopped reporting any results. Google Now cards are being reported correctly. However, on searching the app returns no search results.Google search through Chrome is working fine. Seems like some firewall blocking the Google search app. Any suggestions?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This might sound odd... Boot into safe mode, access the Google search app, then boot back. There have been she weird issues reported with the search widget... This might clear it.

bhatiavr

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Fixed. Deleting and reconfiguring Google account on phone seems to have fixed it. I had recently enabled 2-Step verification for my google account. Seems like that was causing some issue with the app on my phone.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Fixed. Deleting and reconfiguring Google account on phone seems to have fixed it. I had recently enabled 2-Step verification for my google account. Seems like that was causing some issue with the app on my phone.
Ah... Two step... Yeah, I had some growing pains way back when I enabled that and had to switch my stuff over.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch