Why won't my phone camera work?

A

AC Question

My phone camera won't work.

I've tried all i can think of. I've went into settings and cleared the data. I've restarted my phone. It's an Lg realm. Please any help will do. It won't even work with Snapchat, Instagram, or even a flashlight app either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My phone camera won't work.

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjKGIUnUEA8

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here, after system update. Why the deflection back to the user?

Welcome. :)

I don't have figures, but I'm guessing that problems after system upgrades are uncommon. I have never experienced them on any device, Android, Windows or iPhone. I suppose that the answer to your question is that all systems are exceedingly complex, and imperfect, and that it therefore sometimes inevitably devolves to the user to try to fix things. The software companies and device manufacturers try to help all they can with Help pages, and by supporting various community help sites.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could be that, belodion, it could also simply be a camera module that went bad at the same time something else was happening. Bad camera modules aren't that uncommon (or that expensive).