Do I have a bad battery?

A

AC Question

So, without even considering how fast my battery drains I think i have a problem. When I got my phone yesterday I put it on the charger. after using the charger for 8 hours straight I was at only 76 percent charged, The whole time I had a status notification saying to switch to a standard charger to charge faster. I was using the charger that came with the phone.

My battery drain was ridiculously fast, and today I decided to discharge the battery and recharge. So after letting the phone discharge I plugged it in powered off. 4 hours later when I turned it on I was only at 67 percent charged. I've since switched to my tab 4 charger and the message has gone away but from 67 percent its still telling me that I have 2.5 hours to a full charge. I've tried pulling out the battery and replacing it.

So do I have a bad battery or is something else up?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device? Is it brand new? You mentioned that you got it yesterday, but I'm not sure if this means you just bought it yesterday.

When you plug it in to a wall outlet with the charger that the device came with, does it say "Charging (AC)" or "Charging (USB)" in the Settings>Battery​ menu?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez