My G4 overheating :/

Nevin Thomas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Ohkay so i posted about this before but now im about to take the next step into fixing this problem. So i already factory reset like 3 to 4 times and ive noticed that even when factory reseting the phone gets scorching hot running through the setup part like the part above the battery and the top portion of the screen. Im not sure what the problem is but im planning on taking it down to t mobile or getting it repaired by lg....i kind of prefer returning it and getting a new one, i dont mind the wait, its just im worried of getting another bad product, has anyone returned their lg for overheating issues and when receiving a new unit has that problem been fixed? i just need to put my mind at ease before i send my phone away for a week or two.

*Update* I just checked the price for and lg repair and i think i just saw that its around $150 rate for out of warranty repair....so no. Getting a new phone is the only way to go, im going to call now, just someone help put my mind at ease :'(

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Nevin, you said in your earlier post that you just got the phone (assuming you bought it brand new), so you should not have to worry about an out of warranty repair. If you bought the phone at a physical location (and it's been less than 14 days), you should return it there, and they will replace it on the spot, so you won't have to wait for a replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nevin Thomas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
ah yes the problem is i bought it through t mobile online :/ but they give 20 days to give it back and yes its it brand new i just received it last thurs, im just wondering does anyone else have a hot g4 when they ran through the setup steps or anytime else?

Nevin Thomas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
update, im going to replace this g4, im still in the buyers remorse time and they are going to credit my account (tmobile) with 10 dollars for shipping charges, everything seems to be going according to plan, ill keep this post updated even if im just talking to myself (LOL) just so anyone with any similar issues can have some sort of solution, well lets hope for the best.

Nevin Thomas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
ohkay so basically i called with my issues and they said they are going to charge for the new phone WHICH i will receive tomo....not even a 24 hour wait, i was literally charging my old phone preparing for the shipment wowowoowow. Anyways ohkay i cant stress how great this is i dont even have to wait a whole DAY for my new phone to come in they said they will ship it overnight right to me.asdfasdfasjdfhkasjdf. ANYWAYS, they gave me 10 dollars free credit to ship my old overheating phone back to tmobile which i will use ups, and once they receive it they will credit me back the full price of my new phone so i will honestly pay nothing...tbh i think i will actually make 3 bucks out of all of this because they credited me 10 bucks for shipping but its around 6 or 7 bucks so yup, and my next reply will be my last about an overview of my next phone and to see if all the issues are fixed unless anyone asks or comments, well im satisfied!

Nevin Thomas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
ohkay just one thing i forgot to mention with my above paragraph i also spoke to lg live chat and they mentioned that they are still accumulating all the problems since its been out for only a month, and that i was the first to report overheating and that theyve only received frozen screen issues thus far, im 100 certain that each and every issue will be completely resolved by software updates, and i am basing this off of my super positive/happy attitude that im getting my new phone tomo :) KUDOS TO YOU TMOBILE

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Very happy everything is working out in your favor! I looked online and didn't find anything significant about overheating issues with the G4. Hopefully, yours is more of an isolated incident.

On a side note, you might want to visit the LG G4 forum here on Android Central.

Be sure to post back on this thread to let us know how everything goes for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nevin Thomas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
well lg emailed me back saying they cant give me specific information on when the overheating probleem well be fixed but they will keep me updated which i will do the same here if they reply again, anyways phone is due to come this afternoon so we will see how it goes!

Nevin Thomas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
alright so got it, setting it up rn, kind of heats up downloading apps and stuff...idk why but since its my second lg g4 its 99% the phone and not the unit, that being said it will most likely be fixed by some random update, anyways im still satisfied :)

Nevin Thomas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
just a quick question, not urgent at all, id just like to have a convo with someone about maybe a heating up screen for the g4 if anyone is available? just want to know if its normal and if it happens like downloading apps and doing other things at the same time

Nevin Thomas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
ohkay so my g4 is still overheating, and i honestly think its a software issue so i sent lg this message so they can get to it. "Hello, you guys recently emailed me a solution to the my Lg g4's heating issue which was a factory reset and i did that...about 4 times which did not help. So i talked to live chat and they said i had a lemon, so i talked to T-Mobile over the phone and got it replaced and my new one i have it right here and still, it gets really hot just doing the most mundane tasks like maybe updating apps, i know the phone is new i just wanted to make you guys aware of this issue because you previously mentioned also that my problem was uncommon, but i think maybe you guys should check out overheating forums of the lg g4 at androidcentral.com, many are experiencing this issue and i just wanted to let you know so you guys can work to fix it, if you guys arent already. my mobile network, wifi, battery all of that is great so thats not the cause on both of my brand new lg g4's, and im 99% sure its something that can be fixed with a software update, im not dissatisfied, i can handle it just please fix."

Nevin Thomas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
alrightyyy so i just contacted lg again, i know they havent replied to my previous message, im debating whether i should do a live chat with them, but ehh i guess i can wait a day or two for my email reply yea sure whatever, anyways i traveled over to xda and found a link of this poll someone did which was really cool about lg g4 problems which i think everyone should partake in to help our g4 community gain some ground in our issues, so as usual i let lg know about this poll in this message "Hello, i emailed earlier rregarding my overheating issue also i found a helpful link to help make you guys aware of the issues us g4 users are facing, its a poll from xda i took which of course i marked myself under the overheating issue, which is a pretty sizale amount of people facing the problem, 1/4 and im assuming its even more since one has to choose one problem over the other, ill put the link in the end, anyways i just wanted to say im growing more dissatisfied cause my battery is draining faster than my old phone, the htc one x which is years old. Is there anything you guys can do? trust me i tried all the generic general fixes. Here is the link, please push an update its really frustrating, thank you.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/summary-issues-people-g4-t3132022"

Nevin Thomas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
check out the link in the bottom of that paragraph! glad im getting so many views haha, but ill keep yall updated, i know its a new phone and all, i just am going to be as proactive as possible as to fixing these issues, if any others would like to speak up to lg that would be appreciated to help push forward the updates, cause after all its our opinions that matter to them right? and to one of their representatives im the first one with this issue, so lets show them we have strength in number ;)

Nevin Thomas

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
sorry i havent replied just waiting on a update, i do think it was released earlier than it should have been, i guess its still in the final touches part. The issues im experiencing are touchscreen issues on double tap and still overheating, both my g4s had that problem, so just gotta wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez