Is anyone else having these glitch issues (Galaxy S6 Edge)?

A

AC Question

My Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge has some really weird glitches, and I've had the device for less than a month. First of all, 99% of the time when I try to unlock the screen using my finger print, I'll turn the screen on and put my finger on the sensor, and then 2 or 3 seconds later, the screen will turn off and I'll have to press the home button to turn it on again. This happens usually 3 or 4 times before the phone finally unlocks. Also, apps seem to crash all the time. The camera is very slow to start most of the time, and apps are usually slow to start too. I tried to open Snapchat and the entire device froze for about 10 seconds. Many things just seem very glitchy and I'm wondering if other people are having these issues, or if it's just me. Thanks!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge has some really weird glitches, and I've had the device for less than a month. First of all, 99% of the time when I try to unlock the screen using my finger print, I'll turn the screen on and put my finger on the sensor, and then 2 or 3 seconds later, the screen will turn off and I'll have to press the home button to turn it on again. This happens usually 3 or 4 times before the phone finally unlocks. Also, apps seem to crash all the time. The camera is very slow to start most of the time, and apps are usually slow to start too. I tried to open Snapchat and the entire device froze for about 10 seconds. Many things just seem very glitchy and I'm wondering if other people are having these issues, or if it's just me. Thanks!

So I tried troubleshooting the problems you mentioned on an AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge we had in our house and was unable to replicate the problems you mentioned. I set up the fingerprint scanner and it was relatively smooth unlocking the phone with it. Maybe cleaning the sensor/button will help. The camera opened up quick and I took photos and videos without a problem and have been for a while. I downloaded Snapchat, set up my account, sent a couple of pictures and videos to my friends, and found that it did not force close in that time I was using the app. I've also downloaded some games like Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja and they worked fine the whole time we've had it as well. I will see if maybe this will happen to me over time, but I can't seem to replicate the problems you are encountering. Sorry.