Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S2 turn on?

A

AC Question

Before I went to sleep, I turned off my phone like I usually do. Then when I woke up the next day and turned on my phone, it started off normal. But when it got to the at&t logo 'Rethink Possible', it would be stuck there for a while then the screen would quickly go black and go back to the 'Rethink Possible' at&t logo and repeat and repeat and repeat! It won't snap out of it! I've tried taking out the battery, charging it till it was 100%, and just letting the 'Rethink Possible' logo go on and on and on, and I've tried clearing all cache. But nothing works!!!! When I plug it in it'll show how much the phone has charged, but I just can't reboot it!!!! HELP ME!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S2 tun on?

Welcome to Android Central! Can you try a different battery? If that doesn't help, then try removing the SD card, since a corrupt card can cause various issues.

If it keeps happening, there might be a problem with the firmware. You could try using Kies to reinstall the firmware, or flash it via Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

Hannah Lee3

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

But with Kies3 it doesn't recognize that my phone is plugged into the computer when it's at the 'Rethink Possible' logo. I just want to back up all my data too, in case the phone won't wake up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Are you able to boot into Recovery Mode or Download Mode? You mentioned trying to clear the cache, so I assumed you were at least able to boot into Recovery Mode.

Hannah Lee3

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

Well, I got to the download mode, but when I opened Odin, it didn't look like the picture that the guide showed me. At the top, it shows some options, but when I plug in my phone to the computer, nothing happens. And it looks NOTHING like the picture the guide shows what the application is supposed to look like.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums. Which version of Odin did you download? Do you have the ROM file to reflash?

Going in a different direction, have you asked if AT&T can help? This way, if they mess up it's their fault.

Edit: If you do flash a ROM file with Odin, it will act like a factory reset, and most likely wipe everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa