Note 5 overheating when charging?

A

AC Question

I just got the Note 5 last night and when I charge it using the charger included, it seems to get really warm or even hot to the touch. I'm not covering it with anything.

Is this normal or am I suppose to be concerned about this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The phone or the charger? If it's quick-charging, that can generate more heat than conventional charging. But it shouldn't be hot enough to burn you--if that's happening, bring it back to the store and demonstrate it to them, then ask for a replacement.

Gwen Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, I'm having the same issue with my note 5, Saturday it was to hot to pick up w/o protection, so I used a wash rag to pick up, then the phone started shutting off because it was overheating. Called Samsung and they told me not to put phone back on charger. They say it's from 3rd party apps, but I'm sure not everyone uses the same 3rd party apps and there are several other's having the same issue, I love my Samsung phone and I hope this can fixed soon!! In the mean while I can't use my device, I'm happy I have my note 4 to use and a 2nd line on my sprint account!! Good-luck!!

badboy7002871

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
My issue isn't the actual phone heating up its,the charger plug plugged,into an,outlet ! It usually is,more prevalent when I have an under 10% charge it may get to 30% and then start beep bluping repeatedly (the sound it makes,when you plug it to charge initially) when I unplug the charger plug from outlet it's almost too hot to touch aka very very warm .I let it cool for a bit and it will go another charge session .This happens with all my Samsung charger and USB cables...

Rv12312

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Guys are you putting ur phone to overnight?. This might be the reason as it is fast charger can charge ur phone in just 1 hr. I recently buy note 5 no problems just get heated up when chargeing but not that much. So i request not to chage over night. If still have problems than but wireless charger or use another charger not fast charger.

badboy7002871

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Well it turned out to be the plug in adapter itself that was heating up and overheating i went with another one and it stays cool enough to complete the charge .The plug in adaptor itself may of been the one from my note 4 and couldnt handle the fast charging of the note 5....

franklin1855

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
My note 5 with the charger and cord I bought from Verizon is terrible! The cord got so hot that it started to turn gray and then burned through it and I now have exposed wires. Not cool when they're so expensive.