ZTE Lever force closing apps and keyboard?

A

AC Question

I have a ZTE Lever running 4.4.4 I have had this phone a month or two and it just started doing it. It also occasionally says my sim card is removed when I haven't touched it. I have seemingly tried everything including formatting my SD card and doing a factory reset on my phone. Any info or ideas are greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The only other thing to consider is Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

shortchick43

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem constantly after getting my phone. Because the phone is so big it can flex which makes the contacts on the sim card move. I found a video on youtube to fix this...cut and tape a piece of card stock or index card to the sim card to hold it in place. I have not had this problem since.