"Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped." message keeps popping up, how do I fix this?

A

AC Question

I have a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (for almost 2 years now, I believe) and it has been running slower over the past 8 months but have not had the time to get a new phone yet. I was texting this morning and suddenly the message popped up "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped.", thinking I can just click "OK" like I normally would where it would take me back to my home screen and I can go back to my text and keep typing. Different story this time -- the message continuously keeps popping up and now my texting screen/keyboard does not pop up at all so I can not use my phone in the slightest. I tried restarting my phone and it still continues. Any easy fix for this? I am getting married in 3 days and need my phone for emails/phone calls/texts and leave for honeymoon out of USA 3 days later. If no fix is even possible, maybe I need to just get a new phone now and avoid the entire hassle?? HELP!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

scottaustin1

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped." message keeps popping up, how do I fix this?

This worked for my Android.
Go to: Settings, Apps, Running, and then disable the Voice Search for Google Search.

Everyone I saw had this problem after trying voice search.

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped." message keeps popping up, how do I fix this?

I followed instructions and it worked! Phone is doing what it should without spending hours on the phone with straight talk. Thank you so much!

Z Martinez

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site

worked like a charm! thanks much, google voice was getting highly annoying anyways and i'd wanted to disable it for quite a while, now.