Galaxy S4 Battery draining fast

A

AC Question

Hi, I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery yesterday from the Samsung company and I told them my problem that my phone used to drain 4%-5% over night but now it would drain 30%. My battery was a little bloated but they told me I had to buy a new battery so I did and last night at 3 AM before I went to bed, it was 100% and when I woke up at 9:27 AM it drained 20%-25%. And it's a new ''original'' battery. So I tried checking to see what drained my phone and at the top said Google Play Services which took 35%. It's like as if I payed money for a new expensive battery for nothing. How can I fix this?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry, such drastic drains occur to many of us from time to time....the battery may be perfectly okay.
Google Play Services drain can be difficult to fix, though sometimes resolves itself after it's done its stuff. Try the simplest remedy, a Power Off and Restart.
Keep us posted about this.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree with Belodion, it could be just a temporary drain. In some phones the Play Services are using a lot of battery juice sometimes. It could be some background syncing process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38