Why id my phone can't mount my SD card?

A

AC Question

I have the Meizu M2 Note, and i have recently I bought a Samsung SDHC card 128GB.
When I first use it in my computer (with an USB adapter) i formatted it to be a NTFS (didn’t know back then that Android OS doesn’t support it), of course my phone didn’t recognise the card.
Then I formatted it to be an exFat file system and my phone couldn’t mount it either.
So I turn to use third-party softwares to turn it into FAT32 which failed as well, even tried to make partitions (4 of 32GB - FAT32) and I couldn’t do it with “Paragon” (it didn’t succeed formatting the other three partitions).

What can I do? my phone just won’t recognise my SD card!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It definitely supports up to 128GB cards so that isn't the issue. When I have issues with a card I typically will use a good card formatting tool, HP offers one and I found this as well https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html from the SD Card association. Try formatting in Fat32 with a card reader and then try it again. If it still won't work it could be a bad card, you can also try it in another device with an microSD to SD card adapter as well.