Note 3 wifi NOT disconnecting???

A

AC Question

Hi all... Hoping someone might be able to help me out with an unusual wifi issue. Plenty of people have issues with their wifi disconnecting - my problem appears to be the opposite.

When I'm at work, the are about 7 wifi networks which are visible, including the work one I connect to. However, about once a fortnight or so, I'll go home and the phone won't clear the list of wifi networks and find my home one, despite the fact that it tells me it's searching. It tells me my home network is not in range, but all the work ones are. This is a problem because my phone appears to be on wifi, but unless I constantly go into the menu to find out which network it's on, it will just use my mobile data, and I'll go over my limit without realising.

I've tried every setting and toggle, but the ONLY way to fix it is to restart the phone.

It's a Note 3 on Android 4.4.2. Please can someone tell me how to fix it!

Cheers,
Rewey

Rewey

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi B.Diddy... Thanks for your suggestion. I cleared the cache partition the day you posted your reply, and thought it had worked, until I got home tonight and it's back to its old tricks again. That lasted 14 days, which makes me wonder if it's something else?

Any other suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards, Rewey