Lost phone

A

AC Question

I lost my cell phone last Friday at a nightclub in Miami. I waited for almost a half day until the security person finally told me that nothing was turned in. Unfortunately, I was not aware about Android Service Manager and that I could access my phone remotely and wipe out all the info. I had al lot of pictures and videos there. The phone also had a security password. I went ahead and contact the cell carrier and suspended my services until I was able to get a new phone yesterday. Is there a way that I can still access my old phone after the new one has been activated? Please help, thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Android Device Manager is often turned on by default. Go to google.com/android/devicemanager on your computer browser, and see if it shows up. If so, you can send a command to wipe the phone from there. But you can't remotely access the data on the phone. That's why you should always backup or sync your data on a regular basis, and make sure your photos are automatically backing up with Google Photos.

Assuming your lockscreen was active, your Google account is probably safe. But to be extra-safe, you may want to change your Google password now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress