Zte fanfare difficulties

ashlee mitchell

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
the app Selfie came stock on my Zte Fanfare from Cricket, along with the Camera app when I bought it and everything was peaches. then I updated my phone to the new Lollipop update and later that night downloaded Skype. still peaches, right? well I wake up and my camera (or Selfie) won't open - "Camera disabled due to security policies or another app is using it*." I've exhausted Google and every link on there searching for the answer as to why it was disabled and how to enable it and of course there were multiple answers.. rebooting the phone, factory resetting it, hard resetting it, taking the Sim card out and replacing it - nothing has helped. I called cricket customer service and they directed me to zte customer service which after 15 minutes on hold, disconnected me. I'm so confused. help!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. I'd start with the Skype app, because it does have access to the Camera, and might be inappropriately hijacking it, even when not in use.

ashlee mitchell

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I'll try that right now. But I already don't have any apps on my phone besides Android Central, Words with Friends, Criminal Investigation & a series of the CM Security apps... i deleted Skype, Facebook, even went through and disabled most apps - not download apps - that used the camera under their permissions. I downloaded Cameraless because my Disable button for Camera in system settings is grayed out, switched Cameraless to the admin account, and disabled and then enabled and rebooted and still zilch. Hopefully this method works.

ashlee mitchell

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Very frustrated right now. Not sure what to do, it seems the only possibility i haven't tried is rooting my phone and reinstalling KitKat 4.4.4 because in safe mode, it still didn't work, Selfie nor the Camera so I know it was the update. I don't have a computer, I'm not sure how where to go from here? this seems to be a common issue with Lollipop but MST that I've read are just the front camera when mine is both.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm always wary of CM apps, but if you installed them yourself, and the problem was still occurring in Safe Mode, then presumably they're not the cause.

Try going to Settings>Security>Clear Credentials.

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
the app Selfie came stock on my Zte Fanfare from Cricket, along with the Camera app when I bought it and everything was peaches. then I updated my phone to the new Lollipop update and later that night downloaded Skype. still peaches, right? well I wake up and my camera (or Selfie) won't open - "Camera disabled due to security policies or another app is using it*." I've exhausted Google and every link on there searching for the answer as to why it was disabled and how to enable it and of course there were multiple answers.. rebooting the phone, factory resetting it, hard resetting it, taking the Sim card out and replacing it - nothing has helped. I called cricket customer service and they directed me to zte customer service which after 15 minutes on hold, disconnected me. I'm so confused. help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty