Is it easy to get a replacement back for my Moto X 2013 Developer Edition?

A

AC Question

Hi Guys. I have a Moto X 2013 Developer Edition, which I have kept it in pristine condition. Lately I noticed hairline cracks appearing along the sides where the volume rockers are. I noticed the structural integrity of the phone along the sides are its weakest.

I'll like to know if I could ever get a replacement back and, if possible, to try and restore the phone back to its original state. For now I have the phone in a protective case, just to stem further cracks. I know it's a 2 year old phone, but it is special to me.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys. I have a Moto X 2013 Developer Edition, which I have kept it in pristine condition. Lately I noticed hairline cracks appearing along the sides where the volume rockers are. I noticed the structural integrity of the phone along the sides are its weakest.

I'll like to know if I could ever get a replacement back and, if possible, to try and restore the phone back to its original state. For now I have the phone in a protective case, just to stem further cracks. I know it's a 2 year old phone, but it is special to me.

Welcome to Android Central!

Best thing to do is contact Motorola Warranty support to see if that is something that can be covered.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/