Is anyone else having trouble sending email since upgrade to 5.1.1?

A

AC Question

I have an Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet, on which I can still receive email (my cox.net account) but cannot SEND email ever since the upgrade to Android 5.1.1. I had no problem at all with previous versions - and was happy on 4.4.2 until the upgrade in mid-October. I have spent several hours with Verizon wireless tech support, including removal of the email account, setting it up from scratch, removing the memory card, doing a factory reset, running in Safe Mode - nothing has corrected the problem. Internet connection is fine and I can use my webmail accounts (gmail and cox.net over webmail) but using the email application I can only receive cannot sent messages.

Verizon cannot come up with a reason, and Cox referred me to Samsung support.

ntheodora95

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded to 5.1.1 a while ago but I don't have this issue. However, on my Outlook(hotmail) account I can't see attachments--lots of people also complain about this issue. My other email accounts work fine using the same email app, it's only my Outlook.

It works fine if I change it from POP to IMAP. Maybe you could try changing it to IMAP?