[FIXED]Google accounts not syncing, google play store not working, tried many solutions. How to fix?

AnonDroid0

Jun 5, 2019
Visit site
Edit: Fixed the issue by going to accounts.google.com on a browser and completing the security steps.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy On5 phone.

My google accounts arent syncing properly. Under Settings > Accounts > Google, it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". However, it's been at least 48 hours since this problem has started and it still isn't "back".

I cannot log in on youtube or gmail. Opening Google Docs documents don't work. Duolingo won't load. Brawl Stars too. I've tried clearing data and cache for Google Play, Gmail, Youtube and it won't let me sign in to any account.

The Play Store would say that "Authentication is required." I uninstalled updates for it to no avail.

Gmail wouldn't load new emails, I tried sending an email to myself. It stayed as "Queued". I reset the cache and data for the Gmail app. When I opened it, it prompted me to set up an email. I clicked "Add Account", and it opened a list of email providers. I clicked on "Google" and nothing happened. I clicked on "Other" instead and entered my gmail account, but clicking "Next" did nothing. I clicked on "Manual Setup" under the email field and tried to set up my email manually, but it said "Can't connect to server".

I've looked online for answers. I found nothing useful. I tried everything. My date and time are properly set. I tried setting it to a wrong date on purpose, then re-enabling automatic date settings, but nothing happened. I cleared data and cache for my google apps. Didn't fix it. I've tried restarting my device. No power saving settings are turned on. All apps have no data restrictions. I reset all my app preferences.

I've tried everything. I have no idea what else I can do other than factory resetting, which I don't want to do. Please help. Thank you so much.

Edit: Fixed the issue by going to accounts.google.com on a browser and completing the security steps.

Last edited:

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Re: Google accounts not syncing, google play store not working, tried many solutions. How to fix?

Start here. Sign out of everything, including Gmail and YouTube. Clear the cache partition and reboot.
Sign in to the phones main account for the playstore and Gmail. Good luck

AnonDroid0

Jun 5, 2019
Visit site
Re: Google accounts not syncing, google play store not working, tried many solutions. How to fix?

Thank you methodman89, but I've already signed out of youtube and gmail by clearing the app data. I have also cleared cache for both apps. I have also restarted my phone right after doing it.

I am unable to sign in to the play store, it would say "Authentication is required" and when I try to choose another account nothing happens.
As for gmail as explained in my post, I tried logging in my account and it says "Can't connect to server".

AnonDroid0

Jun 5, 2019
Visit site
After scouring the internet through countless searches using error messages from attempting to log in on gmail, I found that people fixed their issue by turning off 2fa. So I decided to check my security settings but my 2fa was already off. I then attempted to click on the security tab and follow all the steps, but it opened up the Google Play Services app and it gave an error in the notifications saying "Chrome is having issues with Google Play Services" or something along those lines. I clicked on that and it told me I needed to enable permissions for Google Play Services. I enabled everything but Microphone and Camera, and that did the trick. I got email notifcations and I was overjoyed, having had no access to google accounts and any apps that use my google accounts for over 3 days.

TL;DR Fixed the issue by going to accounts.google.com on a browser and completing the security steps.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy On5 phone.

My google accounts arent syncing properly. Under Settings > Accounts > Google, it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". However, it's been at least 48 hours since this problem has started and it still isn't "back".

I cannot log in on youtube or gmail. Opening Google Docs documents don't work. Duolingo won't load. Brawl Stars too. I've tried clearing data and cache for Google Play, Gmail, Youtube and it won't let me sign in to any account.

The Play Store would say that "Authentication is required." I uninstalled updates for it to no avail.

Gmail wouldn't load new emails, I tried sending an email to myself. It stayed as "Queued". I reset the cache and data for the Gmail app. When I opened it, it prompted me to set up an email. I clicked "Add Account", and it opened a list of email providers. I clicked on "Google" and nothing happened. I clicked on "Other" instead and entered my gmail account, but clicking "Next" did nothing. I clicked on "Manual Setup" under the email field and tried to set up my email manually, but it said "Can't connect to server".

I've looked online for answers. I found nothing useful. I tried everything. My date and time are properly set. I tried setting it to a wrong date on purpose, then re-enabling automatic date settings, but nothing happened. I cleared data and cache for my google apps. Didn't fix it. I've tried restarting my device. No power saving settings are turned on. All apps have no data restrictions. I reset all my app preferences.

I've tried everything. I have no idea what else I can do other than factory resetting, which I don't want to do. Please help. Thank you so much.

So, basically, you were locked out of your account. If this reoccurs, follow the steps I indicated above, and actually sign out of everything. Thanks for posting the fix.