Is it okay to never turn my Google Nexus 7 (2013) off?

A

AC Question

After the latest update, my Nexus 7 constantly reboots, and I have already had to reset to factory settings three times in two days. AARRGGHH!! It seems to be okay....until I turn it off in the evenings and put it on the charger. So....is it okay to just never turn it off???

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think most leave their phone on while charging and it is perfectly fine. The bigger issue is to find out why your Nexus is rebooting and why you would need to factory reset. Just powering your phone off, then on again is considered a reboot.
Is this happening without holding the power button until the prompt comes up to either power down and restart or power off?

Shadowe10

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
It's a tablet, not a phone. It happens when I try to turn it on again after it has been turned off. I was on the phone with tech support for thirty minutes the first time. They're the ones who had me wipe everything back to factory settings. I'm sure it has something to do with the latest update (Dec. 14 or so) because it was fine before then. Thanks for your answers!!

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
It's a tablet, not a phone. It happens when I try to turn it on again after it has been turned off. I was on the phone with tech support for thirty minutes the first time. They're the ones who had me wipe everything back to factory settings. I'm sure it has something to do with the latest update (Dec. 14 or so) because it was fine before then. Thanks for your answers!!

Since a factory reset has not solved anything, you may have gotten a bad image file copy. You may want to try to download the image file and flash it again.