How can I play games on multiple devices without starting over?

A

AC Question

I bought my wife a new tablet and used her existing google account for the new one. I'm able to see her purchased and downloaded apps in the Play Store, but when she opens the games, she has to start from scratch. Is there a way for her progress to sync from the old device, so she can go to whatever levels she achieved?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Use Helium to back up the data for the games on the old tablet and restore it to the new one. Some games will accept that, others won't - she'll have to start playing first. Then most of them will accept a restore from Helium. (Some still won't, and there's nothing you can do about it. Which game does which depends on how the game was written.)

If the tablets aren't rooted, Helium will tell you to download a program to your computer and plug the tablet into the computer. Do it. The program just gives Helium sort of phony root rights on the phone.

(The folder that Helium creates with the backup files is named carbon, so that's the one you'll want to copy to the new tablet after backing up the old one.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87