Samsung Galaxy Prime Questions from New User

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
So I called my sister phone and put my phone together with hers and put it on speaker and it both started making weird noises when I talked into it why is that? And could you potentially break your phone by doing that or is it fine because I don't want my phone to break thankyou .

So I've been thinking about restricting backround data on my Samsung grand prime but does it mess up anything I heard it saves battery on your phone is that true? Could you guys specify what it does and tell me if it saves battery thankyou and should I turn it on or leave it off

Guys I've been using this sunglasses lens cleaner to clean my phone screen / camera I'm wondering is it safe to use that and am I still able to use it ? It's a sunglasses lens cleaner and it comes with a spray and a cloth and i spray the spray on my phone and camera and wipe it could you guys tell me if its same to use ?

So my Samsung grand prime has been dying quite fast lately I've been using it at 3:04 pm on 97% and by 3:49-3:50pm it was on 91%-90% and I didn't even do much stuff I just went on the Internet and in the setting and on some built in phone apps from my carrier and the battery just goes down could you guys tell me if its going down normal or if its going down to fast thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well are you running out of storage? I can't remember the size on that phone, my mom has it. Is it a 32 gb? I know it takes an SD card, so storage shouldn't be an issue.

I wouldn't worry about it. I can't find any miscellaneous filed on my phone right now after a quick glance, but I've had then on other phones.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: what is miscellaneous Files and is it safe to delete?

So should I just clean cached data instead of miscellaneous files

Posted via the Android Central App

Like Laura said, not necessary. I don't do any of that. If I have an update of the OS or am experiencing a problem, I wipe the cache partition.

Unlike early Android, all that clearing and cleaning not only isn't necessary, but it can slow things down a lot.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I have 3gb left and I'm going to get an SD card for my phone but I'm not really out for storage I'm just trying to know is it safe to use that app

Because it's pre-installed on the phone or should I not use it

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is It Safe to use smart manager just to clean uncessary data

Is your phone a Tmobile phone?

Clean Master used to be a good product and necessary, long ago. It was bought by bad people and isn't a necessary thing for Android anymore. I'm really upset with Tmobile for putting it on the phones.

I have Clean Master disabled on my phone, but not Smart Manager. The reason I haven't disabled Smart Manager is because if it is disabled the percentage of my battery charge doesn't show in my status bar.

Carriers preload a lot of crap that isn't necessary and can actually interfere with many things. I wouldn't use anything in Smart Manager, except Knox and only if you have a need to use that because your phone is a work phone also and they require it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is It Safe to use smart manager just to clean uncessary data

You can clean data by going into Settings/General/Storage/Cache and saying Yes. It'll clean out your app cache.

You can copy data (pictures, documents, videos, etc.) to a computer, a cloud storage account (or both) and delete it from the phone (once you make sure the copies are okay).

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
There is really not a reason to clear the cache unless there is a problem with an app.

Clearing the cache will slow down the phone when using this apps until it builds up the cache again..

Let me show you this Kevin.

I have this much cache, not even much free RAM. Android runs better on a full RAM. All this stuff in the cache, it will just build up again as soon as it is cleared, same thing with individual apps.

The cache is there to help things load faster on your phone. Think of it as less of the app that has to load when you open it each time, because some of it is partially loaded and waiting the next time you use it. If I have an app that isn't acting correctly, I will clear the cache of the individual app, but only if there is a problem.

This isn't like Windows where too much RAM is in use or a high cache slows things down.

Attachments

• 1452316576949.jpg
    1452316576949.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 8

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: what is miscellaneous Files and is it safe to delete?

Well I do a wipe cache after small updates, which is done in recovery mode.

You shouldn't have to clean the RAM. I reboot my phone about once every two weeks just for the heck of it. The cache I don't worry about unless a particular app is acting up.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What do u mean small updates

Like the security update I get every month on my phone. A small in size update, or going from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1. When updating from KitKat to Lollipop, I did a full reset, as I will when Marshmallow comes out.

I have metro pcs

Owned by T-Mobile so I'm guessing their phones have the same set up.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have 2 questions about " Smart Manager"

1. Should I keep the smart manager app does it help your phone or is it just like clean master it makes your phone slow?

2. How do you disable Smart Manager or at least how do u make it stop working?

You can disable it using Package Disabler Pro.

Now if you disable it, the battery percentage will not show in your status bar AND you can not get to your battery stats screen. Just leave it, it does nothing on its own.

I have disabled the Cheetah files, which are Clean Master.

Just ignore Smart Manger, it just sits there but is necessary to display battery stats.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm confused on what u said

Thanks kelly

Wait so when u go to a small update you clean. Your cake partition? ! Does that kinda screw up ur phone or no

omfg YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST I FOLLOWED ALL UR TIPS AND I USTE TO GET 4-5HR OF SCREEN ON TIME NOW I GET 8 you GUYS ARE AMAZING !! Tytyty

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Alright so let me get this straight everything that I learned

1. don't clear cache/Miscellaneous files until needed

2.Dont clear ram

3.After an update always clear cache partition

4.Never use apps to clean ur ram / storage

5.Thats it I think

Here my 8hr