Is it OK to charge the battery overnight?

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's perfectly fine to charge the battery overnight, and even leaving it on the charger until the morning won't make a noticeable difference in battery life. Some say you should take it off the charger right when it's full, but I've rarely done that and battery life hasn't been impacted.

As for a Siri alternative for Android, Google Now is probably your best bet. There are some things it can't do that Siri does, but I find Google Now is just a lot more powerful overall.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The battery charging circuit shuts the charge off when the battery is fully charged. Leaving the charger plugged in all month (whether the phone is plugged into it or not) probably costs you about 5 cents.

(I keep my spare phone - a 2004 Motorola V551 - on the charger at all times, unless I'm using it. The original battery is still giving me about 95% capacity. [It never gets discharged below 40% - which is the cutoff for any lithium battery.] It's been like that for at least 5 years now, since it stopped being my daily driver.)