Question Battery issue, very slow charge

artgoat

Feb 27, 2024
Visit site
I have an S23, and suddenly charging is taking several hours with a "slow charging" message popping up. This has not happened before. It currently says 6 hours and 46mins until full charge. Any way resolve this? I have tried multiple chargers and cables, and cleaned out the usb c port on the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are all of the charging plugs you've used also from well-known manufacturers (like Samsung, Anker, etc.)? Are you able to confirm that those plugs work properly for fast-charging with other devices?

Is the phone really warm when you're trying to charge? If so, that might throttle the charging speed.

artgoat

Feb 27, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are all of the charging plugs you've used also from well-known manufacturers (like Samsung, Anker, etc.)? Are you able to confirm that those plugs work properly for fast-charging with other devices?

Is the phone really warm when you're trying to charge? If so, that might throttle the charging speed.
Yes the chargers are, I have two samsung, one sony and an anker charger. When I plug it into my car it really freaks out, It is plugged in charges for a 1/10 of a second, stops charging and then starts again. Almost like turning a light on and off as quick as you can. That is with multiple cables and two different in car chargers
Edit - the phone does not get hot at all when charging

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In device care you have Under phone diagnostics to check charging cable and USB connection test so run it see what it says
514bcca8df8f61489b48da73cd75adfa.jpg

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
It could also be a USB C port that's slightly warped internally.
Do you get a firm snap or double snap when you plug the cable in?
If so it should be good but if there is a little play / movement when it's plugged in it may start to deteriorate further. I haven't heard this happening to Samsung"s though. It was a known issue on some batches of a Nokia I had and it was repaired quickly.
Still worth trying a strong new cable though, and ask a Tesco superstore to check it.