How can I make my PC more MS free in terms of Apps-more like a Chromebook?

The19thD0CT0R

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

So, I would like to get some information on becoming more Windows free. This all started when I had enough with the failings of Windows Phone which I had used for years, but the mess that is W10 mobile was the last straw. I got a Nexus 6 and absolutely love it, and I have also been moving all of my services to Google as well. I want to go all the way, and that includes my Desktop PC. I hope to get a Chromebook as a secondary computer eventually, but do have to use a Windows PC for some programs as well. So I am using Chrome and windowed apps as much as possible to emulate a chromebook and an all Google experience. What is need is, non-MS solutions for browsing and opening/playing local music, videos, and photos without using MS's awful default apps. I would love to be able to do all that through Chrome, or with the applications a Chromebook would use, but on a PC. May there are extensions or Chrome apps to do this with? I know I can do Picasa for photos, but support is ending. Any suggestions or ideas to help me live as free of MS programs as possible on a PC and more in the Google world? Thank you for any ideas!