Dropped my Galaxy 4

A

AC Question

I dropped my phone and the screen went blank. I was still able to see that the phone was working but the screen was black. I tried to open the back of the phone and was unsuccessful. However, whatever I did while trying to open it with my screwdriver was obviously a HORRIBLE thing because now my phone doesn't turn on at all. Please don't say Radio Shack or trade my phone in for a new one because I have already seen these suggestions repeatedly on this site. I'm hoping for a pro-active answer that I can utilize to try to fix the phone myself at home. I am broke so those are not feasible answers at the moment. At the moment, my phone is sitting in a bowl of rice. When I dropped it I was outside in the rain. I don't think it got any water on it, but I figured I should cover all my bases. I'm kind of freaking out right now. Thanks, guys.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Galaxy phone--S4, Note 4, Ace 4?

It's going to be difficult for us to help you, because if the phone stopped powering on after you tried to open things up, then presumably some part of the hardware got damaged during that process. It might be the Power button, or the battery, or the motherboard.