Why is the mic not working for one app, Smule Sing Karaoke?

A

AC Question

Before my S6 Edge got updated, my mic worked for Smule Sing Karaoke. After I updated the system, the mic works for everything else, but not that one app. Please help! BTW, I don't actually know the mic's location...

bigjlr4x4

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
We are having the same issues for Smule's Applicaton Sing!. Neither a bluetooth microphone and headset or a corded microphone and headset will work with the Application on my new S7 Edge. It will work with my old IPhone 5. I have tried 3 different types of bluetooth headsets and three different corded headsets. Have you received any feedback on your question here?

Thanks in advance for any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps​, select the app, tap Permissions, and make sure the app still has Microphone permission.

Stephanie Curry

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I just recently switched from a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, and like others here have expressed, I, too, am now having problems using headphones, the microphone and speakers with the Smule Sing app with my Note 7.

When I join an OC (open call), invitation, or try to start my own OC, the music tempo is slowed to a crawl and the audio is completely garbled and distorted.

However, if I listen to a previously recorded track or to someone's OC that I want to join the music and vocals sound perfect.

AND....... if I do try to record an OC (with all the garble and distortion) and then listen to the saved recording ..... The instrumentals now sound perfect (as they should have originally), but now my voice sounds like I sucked helium out of a balloon, and the tempo of my voice has increased!

On the first day I received my Note 7, Smule Sing was working perfectly (08/19 - 08/23)...but, once the newest update was automatically installed on 08/23 to version 3.9.3 all the problems began.

I have done the following to try and resolve the issue:
1. I have already checked to make sure microphone permissions are granted in settings, and still no change....
2. I tried I uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
3. I have tried installing older Smule Sing versions.
4. I have tried different headphones.
5. I have tried singing without headphones.
6. I have contacted Smule Sing support and submitted an example of a song I recorded for them to review.... I am awaiting their response and any resolution suggestions!

Thanks everyone! Hopefully we will all have a resolution soon and get back to singing 🎤🎧🎼🎶

Genafe Oliver

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Please help me fix this...i cant hear my voice after make an oc on smule sing karaoke only..i try all i uninstall the app and install again..i resetting my mobile but nothing change...i already send my oc example on smule but not fix it..i change my headset...but nothing change...after i update my mobile this happened...thank you

Celine Lilifairies

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I just recently switched from a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, and like others here have expressed, I, too, am now having problems using headphones, the microphone and speakers with the Smule Sing app with my Note 7.

When I join an OC (open call), invitation, or try to start my own OC, the music tempo is slowed to a crawl and the audio is completely garbled and distorted.

However, if I listen to a previously recorded track or to someone's OC that I want to join the music and vocals sound perfect.

AND....... if I do try to record an OC (with all the garble and distortion) and then listen to the saved recording ..... The instrumentals now sound perfect (as they should have originally), but now my voice sounds like I sucked helium out of a balloon, and the tempo of my voice has increased!

On the first day I received my Note 7, Smule Sing was working perfectly (08/19 - 08/23)...but, once the newest update was automatically installed on 08/23 to version 3.9.3 all the problems began.

1. I have already checked to make sure microphone permissions are granted in settings, and still no change....
6. I have contacted Smule Sing support and submitted an example of a song I recorded for them to review.... I am awaiting their response and any resolution suggestions!

Thanks everyone! Hopefully we will all have a resolution soon and get back to singing 🎤🎧🎼🎶

I have exactly the same issue and I'm using a note 7 too. I hope we get a solution soon...

Rick Nevarez

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site

I'm having the same issues!!! Any ideas yet??

yasmeen2112

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
I just recently switched from a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to a Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (marshmallow), and like others here have expressed, I, too, am now having problems using headphones.

When I join an OC (open call), invitation, or try to start my own OC, the music tempo is slowed to a crawl and the audio is completely disturb by weird background sound like buzzz along with the audio.

I cant save any OC after singing due to that noisy noise from background.

2. I tried I uninstalling and reinstalling Smule app.
3. I have tried different headphones.
4. I have tried singing without headphones.
5. I have contacted Smule Sing support by email. I am awaiting their response and any resolution
suggestions!
6. I have shown my new mobile to SAMSUNG CENTER but nothing they can do.

Please rectify my biggest problem.

LovinAndroidS7E

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I am having a similar issue. I just got a galaxy s7 edge, and when I record a song, it skips a lot. It sounds like a scratched CD. Horrible! Must be fixed ASAP!!
I have the S7E. I love the sing app and have been playing around with different headphones etc.. I found that Bluetooth headphones case the skipping and garbling. Most inline mics are just inferior quality. Smule said back in August 2015 that they would be releasing get an update for android users that included live monitoring (hearing yourself while you sing). Of course, that hasn't happened. I sent them an email to inquire about live monitoring.
This was their response:

Subject: Android user
NOV 29, 2016 | 01:09AM PST
Smule Support replied:
Hi there!

Currently, Android devices process audio very slowly, slowly enough that it is not technically possible to play back audio as you are singing. We hope that this functionality will be added to Android devices in the future.

For now, you’ll be able to preview your recording when you are finished singing. There, you can listen to the performance and adjust the vocal FX if you want, before saving.

Let us know if you have any further questions, and enjoy creating music with Smule.

Smule Support Team
NOV 26, 2016 | 07:26PM PST
Original message

So it looks like their focus will remain with iPhone users. Truly disappointing!

Last edited:

Shai Eijansantos

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
I've had the same problem ever since I switched to Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) phone. My mic's working for all other apps and with Smule, I can hear the music and all but for some reason, my mic wasn't working.

After much fidgeting, I turned off all "Apps that can appear on top" in my phone's Settings then I tried to use Smule again and voila! My mic now works but now I need to put the mic close to my mouth when singing otherwise it will not be able to record anything. It's kinda annoying, really. But it's better than not being able to record anything at all no matter how close the mic is to my mouth. Haha. I just hope that they will have a fix for it soon.

I'm not sure if it will have the same result for everyone else but you guys can give it a shot. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2