F mweb on Android extremely aggressive opening Google Play Store to Messenger, how stop this crap?!!

A

AC Question

So Facebook thru the mobile web on Android (LG V10) using the Chrome browser, worked fine

until two days ago. Now every time I go to messages, FB keeps launching the Google Play Store

and the page to download their Messages app. Every single time, if I click on anything within

messages on a mobile web page. Horribl aggressive, even worse than the Windows 10 popups.

Within Chrome, I go to site settings for facebook.com and I do have notifications blocked.

I have popups blocked as a general Chrome setting.

I have gone in Android settings to Application Manager/Chrome and there is no Play Store

option under Application Manager/Chrome/Permissions.
Under Application Manager/Chrome/Open by default, there is no option either.

Under Application Manager/Google Play Store/Permissions, there is no choice for browswers.

Just Contacts, Phone, SMS, Location.

Application Manager/Google Play Store/Open by default, I have chosen "Don't open in this app"

under Open supported links.
Under Other Defaults, it says "No defaults set" and the "Clear defaults" box is not an option

to press.

In Facebook account settings, I have disabled Game Invites and App Notifications.

Also I have tried bURLy and AdBlockPlus. Neither do a thing here.

I have tried Dolphin and Firefox and the same is happening there now. Damn FB!

WTF?? This is incredibly intrusive and annoying. I want to continue using Facebook via mobile web as it's much less intrusive than using the FB apps. But FB just made this very difficult. Help!!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So Facebook thru the mobile web on Android (LG V10) using the Chrome browser, worked fine

until two days ago. Now every time I go to messages, FB keeps launching the Google Play Store

and the page to download their Messages app. Every single time, if I click on anything within

messages on a mobile web page. Horribl aggressive, even worse than the Windows 10 popups.

Within Chrome, I go to site settings for facebook.com and I do have notifications blocked.

I have popups blocked as a general Chrome setting.

I have gone in Android settings to Application Manager/Chrome and there is no Play Store

option under Application Manager/Chrome/Permissions.
Under Application Manager/Chrome/Open by default, there is no option either.

Under Application Manager/Google Play Store/Permissions, there is no choice for browswers.

Just Contacts, Phone, SMS, Location.

Application Manager/Google Play Store/Open by default, I have chosen "Don't open in this app"

under Open supported links.
Under Other Defaults, it says "No defaults set" and the "Clear defaults" box is not an option

to press.

In Facebook account settings, I have disabled Game Invites and App Notifications.

Also I have tried bURLy and AdBlockPlus. Neither do a thing here.

I have tried Dolphin and Firefox and the same is happening there now. Damn FB!

WTF?? This is incredibly intrusive and annoying. I want to continue using Facebook via mobile web as it's much less intrusive than using the FB apps. But FB just made this very difficult. Help!!

Welcome to Android Central!

It sounds like Facebook is trying to force you to use their apps vs the web page on mobile now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress