if i install european rom on lg g3 verizon what happens

A

AC Question

i want to install european rom on LG G3 VERIZON,if i install what happend to my phone sorry for my english??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone has CDMA hardware, the ROM is written for GSM hardware. What happens if you put gasoline into a Diesel engine? Boom! Same thing with the phone - it stops working (probably to the point that you can't fix it).

Lis Lisi

May 30, 2016
Visit site
The phone has CDMA hardware, the ROM is written for GSM hardware. What happens if you put gasoline into a Diesel engine? Boom! Same thing with the phone - it stops working (probably to the point that you can't fix it).

Hello thanks for your answer,so another question im live in italy now and i use italian sim 4g but on my verizon g3 dont appear 4g why that also apear a icon sim with ? Inside how to fix that?

Last edited by a moderator:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The SIM icon is likely because you don't have a Verizon SIM in the device (there should be a notification stating this). You're only getting 3G because the phone likely doesn't have the hardware to support 4G service in Italy, changing the ROM would not fix that.

My suggestion - if you're there long-term, get a device designed for Europe, or a carrier-agnostic device such as one of the Nexus devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa