Device: Galaxy S5 (SM-G900I)
    Android Version: 5.0

So I have just done a factory reset of my phone, full wipe and start over.

I have a single Google Account.

ALL my contacts are on Google, I just got married to my now wife who changed her surname. I have just updated my wife's name and email address on my mobile but it is not syncing back to Google Online Contacts/GMail.

1. I have gone into Accounts and unticked 'Sync' and reticked it to force a Sync and it comes back with a Green tick to indicate sync went fine.

2. I have read this page and nothing useful found there except one comment suggesting to turn on Activity Controls>Device Information but this made no change:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/350303-phone-contacts-not-syncing-google-account-contacts-2.html

3. I know for 100% certain this is not an Outlook/Exchange sync issue as I don't use that, I only have my one single Google Account. I can confirm this because when I go on my mobile, go into Contacts, hit settings , then hit 'Move device contacts to' - it returns the message "Unable to move contacts. No contacts are saved on your device"

4. For the sake of it I tried updating other contacts, contacts in groups, contacts not in groups and their names all updated instantly no problems. I tried changing their surnames as well and it worked no issues. I can't understand of all the contacts why it is just not working with my wifes.

Any ideas?
    06-02-2016 08:39 PM