Missing 400+ photos from Gallery

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Note 4. It updated to 6.0.1 last week and now most of my photos are gone. I've been trying EVERYthing I can with no luck! (Delete App Cache and OS cache, tried rooting phone for Android Recovery programs but the software's too new and unsupported, Restarting, Rebooting, plugged into a pc to read files and search through, Checked privacy settings, etc) Don't want to lose the rest doing a factory reset! *NOW I know I should've been backing up but had no clue this could happen until it did!*
Does anyone know why this happened? More importantly, how to fix it? I'm absolutely devastated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were the photos saved in Internal Storage or the SD card? If you use the My Files app to look in /DCIM/Camera, is it completely empty? If you take more pictures, do they show up?

When you connect the phone to your computer via USB, make sure you swipe down the notification panel and change the USB connection from Charge Only to MTP. Marshmallow defaults to Charge Only now.

robstar888

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I also have a similar issue.

I have a galaxy S6 and also recently updated to 6.0.1 and today I was looking for some videos and they aren't there. Not all of my videos and photos are missing, just a few important videos that I know of. I would like to recover the videos that I know have disappeared and any others that I can't think of. Basically, I just want all of my photos and videos back that were there before the update. Is this possible? If so, I look forward to hearing back from someone with some easy to follow instructions on 'how to'. Oh, by the way, I didn't back up anything. I won't be making that mistake again. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty