How do i move apps to my sd card on LG Stylo 2

A

AC Question

I am trying to move apps over to sd card. Even tried installing an app. It says go to the app and click storage , then click change to sd. For me the "change" option is no where to be found. Ive formatted the card twice even!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to move apps over to sd card. Even tried installing an app. It says go to the app and click storage , then click change to sd. For me the "change" option is no where to be found. Ive formatted the card twice even!

From any home screen, tap Apps.
File Manager > All Files.
Tap Internal storage.
Navigate to the desired file or folders you want to move to your SD card. Move. Tap the manage files icon (down-arrow).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't. Only portions of apps get moved to the card - how large a portion depends on how the app was written. (Usually, the part of the app that gets moved is smaller than the link to it, so you end up losing space, not gaining it.)

Liss430

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
This is very problematic. I just got the Stylo 2. I love the features, but this is a major negative. I shouldn't have assumed that just because I could do it on the original Stylo that I'd be able to do it with the newer model. There isn't enough leftover space after the bloatware to install much of anything.

James L Tompkins

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
You can't the styluse won't let you how it can be used as a back up of you system apps and music as well as your pics, i have the same reason and that not all i also down loaded an app that tested to see if i can run google cardboard unfortunatly my giro scop isn't enough. However it seems that the only way for it to work on vr is to buy a vr box. As for trasfer to sd card you can't you won't be ablt to.