what tablet for a 12 year old boy who loves to draw??

A

AC Question

hi....totally new at all of this, so please forgive my ignorance. I have a grandson who is about to turn 12...he loves to draw (mainly super heros he creates)......is there such a thing as:
a tablet he can draw on, regardless of where he is?
a tablet that does not have to be attached to a computer to use?
a tablet that he can transfer and save his work to a computer?
a tablet that he can save, and edit, his drawings?
a tablet that is large enough to do detail type of work in his drawings?
a tablet that when he finishes his drawing, he would have the ability to color it?

thank you so much for any information and knowledge you can furnish me with. I have tried going to stores but the clerks don't know the answer to these questions.

william

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome.

It's more about apps than tablets. There are many apps in the Play Store for that sort of thing. I imagine that they could be used on any tablet, but you may prefer to choose a tablet with a high-quality display, which would obviously be more suitable. The Nexus 7 2013, for example, has such a display....323 pixels-per-inch, which is good and sharp, and 100% sRGB, for excellent reproduction of all the colours of the spectrum. It is now an ageing device, and has a 7" display which may or may not be large enough, but it remains a first-class tablet if you can find one (it's still available where I am, in the UK, and cheaply at that).
Of course there are other tablets which would be suitable, but good ones tend to be expensive.
All tablets are portable and can be used anywhere, and can also be connected to PCs for data transfers when wished.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: what tablet to buy for a 12 year old boy who loves to draw?

It turns out that this is a double post, so I'll ask the Mods to merge them.

Edit: And lo! it has been done. I think that neither sfoLAX nor I was aware of the other's post. :)