Google Nexus 5. All the problems

A

AC Question

So my dad works at google since they first went mainstream. And in 2013, google gave him a nexus 5 for christmas. At first we all thought the Nexus 5 was pretty dope, the feel of the phone itself. But over time, the battery got so hot that he could barely touch it, and one day, it just shut down and wouldnt turn on. So he sent it back to LG and they fixed it up. Now that he gave me the Nexus 5, Ive encountered so many problems like the battery gets so hot that I can barely touch it and I leave it for hours (shut down) and its still hot. And this happened to me a bunch of times already where the camera just doesnt work and I have to go through the rebooting process over and over again. And for some reason it would vibrate/reboot itself for some reason while Im playing a game like clash of clans or something. So if you guys could know whats the problem and possibly give me a solution or tell my dad in the comments below to get me a new phone, that would be awesome. Thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I personally regard the Nexus 5 as one of the best Androids ever made. It sounds like yours has something seriously amiss. If so, the cost of repair might not be worthwhile, but a remote diagnosis of the exact cause of the trouble is hardly possible.
Soooo-o-o:

Dad, all of us here at Android Central think that a new phone is indicated. ☺

(I'll also request a move to the Nexus 5 forum in case other users can think of simple fixes.)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... that sounds like there is something amiss with that unit. I had a Nexus 5 and, even with its faults, really liked the phone. But I never had any overheating issues nor any constantly stability problems with it... the thing was rock-solid reliable. Not knowing what they fixed or how, I can't really tell you what is wrong with it...

but....

A three year old phone that gives you nothing but problems? A lot of people come here looking for an excuse to get a new phone, any old excuse... but that's a valid one.

Your dad works at Google! Tell him to hook you up with a Nexus 5X! :)

Zakaria Ouh

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey.
i have a white nexus 5 32GB version.
i also have a problem with overheating.plus,i have a massive battery drain.moreover,i face a problem with catching LTE,despite the fact that my friend has nexus 5 too,and he has a Full LTE bar all the time.not to mention that i had this phone only for 3 months now.
look ! your case isn't that worse,but if i were in your dad's shoes,considering he works at google,i'd get you a nexus 5X.
it will get android N and M.
nexus 5 is outdated now.it mightn't get Android N which means NO fix for our problems !

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty