Why am I getting "low battery temp" warning, and how would I rectify the problem?

A

AC Question

My 3 year old dropped my Galaxy S4 in the toilet. I quickly tried to dry it and kept it in a sealed bag of rice for over 48 hours. After I was assured it was dry, I tried to turn it on, and thankfully it worked!! All of a sudden when charging (a day later) I get a message stating "Charging paused, battery temp too low". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind I don't have any extra $$ for parts, or to have someone look at or fix it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My 3 year old dropped my Galaxy S4 in the toilet. I quickly tried to dry it and kept it in a sealed bag of rice for over 48 hours. After I was assured it was dry, I tried to turn it on, and thankfully it worked!! All of a sudden when charging (a day later) I get a message stating "Charging paused, battery temp too low". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind I don't have any extra $$ for parts, or to have someone look at or fix it.
Welcome to the forums!

The issue is you are likely dealing with some water damage even though you took it out and put it in rice.

Sorry