Why does my music pause and volume change every time I move my headphones?

A

AC Question

So I have a samsung note 5 and everytime I move my headphones very slightly to the right the music will pause. I'll try re plugging it and sometimes it would play the music through the speaker instead. Ive tried cleaning my headphone jack but ill still have the problem. I've went to the samsung store to see if they would either repair or replace my phone but they gave me a pair of headphones that worked and dont pause the music every time it moves instead. The headphones I usually use and that always worked that have stopped have 2 rings and the samsung headphones they gave me had 3? Why dont the headphones with 2 rings work anymore and is there anything I can do to fix it? Please help id appreciate it alot

V-Teck

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I've had this issue before, I can't identify the cause, but I can tell you what's happening. If the headphone isn't snug in there, your device thinks it's unplugged, therefore pausing (as it should). Mobile phones have become smart enough to have to two volume settings. When plugged into an external speaker and when using device speaker. This is probably what you're experiencing. Although I have found myself with a broken headset that sometimes turns the volume up randomly as well. This could also be the case. If the headphone buttons are stuck, then they can control your volume, if they have a pause/play button, it could be doing that as well.

Hope this helps ^___^