Which phone to return to Android, from iPhone 6?

A

AC Question

Hi!

An easy question for you guys.

I've had an experiment with sarcasm by using an iPhone 6 Plus for a year and now I've had it. I can't keep saying "I only need to surf / browse / snapchat / instagram / facebook" because I am choking under the idiotic limitations of that pretentious junk.

I want to go back to Android again, so I need advice on which hardware to make sure I don't ever think about iPhone again. What I'll mostly do is Instagram my food, listen to MP3 music, watch mpegs, and try to get dates on Tinder.

What I care the most about:
-Budget: 350€/$350 tops.
-Camera in low-light, fast to start and snap when I see a frog or something.
-Compact size (5.2" at most).
-Non-slippery, easy to hold.
-Fingerprint sensor.
-32GB storage or expandable

What I care the least about:
-Battery life (I have powerbanks).
-"Premium" outer design.
-Games.
-QHD.

I've already eyeballed the Nexus 5X 32GB because stock Android seems nice. But I'm open to new suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'd agree with the Nexus 5X, especially with some of the deals you can find now. Otherwise, maybe consider a Galaxy S6 or even S5?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5X is a good unit... I have one, like it... fits your needs pretty well.

Honor 8 might be one to look at... I have yet to try one in hand, but it has the makings.

Pickin's are slim around the 5" range though. You might be able to find a used S7 or HTC 10... or a deal somewhere, especially on the 10...

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
LeoRex threatened to ban me from AC for suggesting an S5.:p

Well.. I keed.... but my biggest reservation with the S5 is its age at this point. Sure, if someone put out a phone with the exact same specs now... I wouldn't really be opposed to it, but the S5 is now 2 1/2 years old. Samsung certainly isn't going to support it... and I'm not just referring to full versions of Android, I am referring to security updates. And while I am no crazy-lock-down-security type, I just have a feeling that there is a rather nasty security incident looming on the horizon that is going to wreak havoc on all those older, out of date devices.... like all those S5's still in use.