How do I change how the galleria is organized on Samsung note 7

A

AC Question

I know I'm being OCD but I have to fix this. I just imported pictures from old phone to mu new note 7. When i look at pictures in gallery they are organized by date. A huge chunk of the photos are listed by date imported and not date taken. Pics from last week are next to photos from 5 years ago so i cannot find anything. When i look up the details on each pic they say the correct date taken so i know theres something wrong on my end. Please help.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I know I'm being OCD but I have to fix this. I just imported pictures from old phone to mu new note 7. When i look at pictures in gallery they are organized by date. A huge chunk of the photos are listed by date imported and not date taken. Pics from last week are next to photos from 5 years ago so i cannot find anything. When i look up the details on each pic they say the correct date taken so i know theres something wrong on my end. Please help.

I don't know if you fixed your problem already or not, but since it's an import, all photos are considered 'taken' on the day your imported them. A simple solution to this is next time sync your photos to a cloud server, such as Samsung Cloud or Google Photos. So when your log-in to your cloud account in your new phone, cloud will sync those photos according to date. All of my photos are arranged according to the exact date it was taken as soon as they were imported.
I don't how you imported them. But I backed-up my Note 5 on Samsung Smart Switch and used that back-up data/files to 'restore' my Note 7. Worked perfectly as if I never changed phones.