can i retrieve numbers from a phone after it has been reset?

A

AC Question

My phone wouldn't connect to obtain service, so I reset it, but it still didn't obtain service so I had to get a new one. I lost all of my contacts and I am desperately seeking a way to get them back. One in particular. Maybe there is a way to view old texts or past phone calls? That may help too.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Factory Resetting wipes all your personal data from the device. Some may have been saved to your Google or other accounts, or to Cloud storage if you used that, but otherwise, it's gone, alas.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser and see if any of your contacts are there.

I always recommend strongly that people save their contacts to their Google account, and not the local Phone account, because the latter doesn't sync anywhere, while your Google account contacts get synced automatically. If something happens to the phone, local Phone account contacts are lost forever (unless you manually backed them up using some kind of backup app, usually provided by the phone manufacturer or carrier).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer