Is there a real fix for this?

A

AC Question

I recently received a used HTC One M7, stock, lightly used, and in great condition. I've been using it joyfully for about two weeks until last night I went to have a shower and left my phone under my pillow, safe from my dog, not plugged in, screen off, about 70%+ battery, and with almost nothing running on it. I came back from my shower, recovered my phone from under the pillow and pressed the lock button to check my notifications but nothing happened. The screen was black, no lights, no sounds, no vibration, nothing. I've been online for the past 24 hours trying to find a fix that actually works to no avail. I googled high and low, scanning each suggested link, and every resource I could find within those links which brought me here. I've tried everything and nothing seems to works.

I've tried just holding the lock button, tapping the lock button, holding lock + down, lock + up, lock + up and down, and tapping up and down with lock. It doesn't matter if I hold it for ten minutes straight, nothing happens. I've also tried all these keys in different combinations, different lighting, and direct light onto the sensor with several different light sources (outdoor, indoor, incandescent, LED). I've tried every suggestion I could find on the internet aside from opening it up or shipping it away. Once again there are no lights, no screen, no vibrate, no sounds. I've even heard that the backlight could be shot and tried to illuminate the screen but nothing shows up but the lines on the screen. I've also tried all this plugged in and not plugged in. Doesn't seem to matter.

The only reaction I can seem to muster from the device is through my laptop. When I plug it in, my computer recognizes a device, and makes a sound to alert me but sync manager says no phone is connected and I can't seem to access it through my pc settings by any means. There are two different melodies. One that sounds like it's connected and one that sounds like it's disconnected. When I hold the buttons down whilst plugged in it just makes these sounds seemingly random with short periods of silence in-between but always ends with the disconnecting sound. I haven't found any answers on this forum or any other and don't really have much hope left. I can't find a solution on youtube either and no two problems with these phones seems to be alike. Some people have flashing home and back buttons or the screen will turn on for hboot menu or whatever but mines just dead all together. I figure it must still have power for the PC to pickup on it but what do I know. It's an old phone but someone special gave it to me and it has more sentimental value than anything. I really don't want to trash it.

Today I plugged it in after work and the computer didn't alert me at all until I started playing with the buttons again for some reason. It must have been off? (I dunno). I have even tried to unlock it with HTC Dev in case it was on that menu unbeknownst to me. There's no way for me to know whether it's off or on or rebooting or in hboot menu or anything... Usually I'm pretty good at fixing things and pretty handy with electronics but this paper weight has me losing my mind!

PLEASE HELP!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty