Duplicate music after restoring playlist

A

AC Question

I moved over from iOS to android several months ago, and still use iTunes to manage all my music. For various reasons (inclusive of I have other devices that sync with iTunes) I want to retain all my music in it.

To date I have never been able to solve an issue which is driving me crazy. I use the Samsung Switch program which "restores" by iTunes backup of my library to my s7 edge. If I select just music to restore, it copies it all across fine.

If I then choose to restore the playlists (which I really want) - I suddenly have duplicates of each of the songs in my playlist which are part of my regular library. The duplicates appear when I look at a matching song under "artists".

I cannot for the life of me work out why this is happening. I thought restoring a playlist would just put on a small file that points the phone where to look for the actual song, not create duplicates of the songs.

What options do I have?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Our family is an itunes family, but I use an android device. I found the way you mention to not work in the past on older devices I had. I am not a rep or get any compensation, but try isyncr. It will sync your itunes playlists of your choice with your android device either wirelessly or via usb cable. I cannot express how much I love this app.

How to get your iTunes music onto Android | Android Central