How do I get my email to my sd card

A

AC Question

How do I set up my SD card as storage for email. the card is installed but nothing goes there.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
You email will not be automatically stored on the SD Card under most email apps. You can save attachments to the SDCard, but you have to manually specify that each time. What can be "automatically" routed to the SDCard is controlled by each application. Because of speed, most apps are going to store on the internal device storage by default. Apps that take photos and videos are almost always going to have an option to save to the SDCard by default. Many apps which download music, as well, but it is still up to the app developers.

After a quick Google search, it looks like the K-9 email app supports storing your email on the SDCard. There also appear to be additional options, if you are rooted:

Move Mail storage from phone's internal memory to the SD Card - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

Keep in mind, though, that you could be creating a possible security vulnerability by storing any sensitive emails on the SDCard, since the SDCard's file system (FAT32) has no real security model. Android has made changes to the way the SDCard is interfaced with, in an attempt to prevent apps from accessing other app's data, but there are no guarantees. And, if the SDCard is removed from the device and connected to a computer, all data is fully accessible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87