Playlists that won't disappear every time sd card is disconnected?

A

AC Question

Hi everyone,

I'm rather new to this forum so I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. I've been looking everywhere for a solution for my disappearing Playlists but no one seems to have an answer.

In general: I've been using Google Play offline (the free version) for years to play all my 12000 songs. All of those are located on my SD card. I always make huge Playlists with the app, but every time I disconnect my SD card those Playlists are gone and I can start over...

Somewhere people told me that with Poweramp I wouldn't be having this issue so I've been using this one for the last months until recently the exact same happened.
I have to dismount my SD card regularly when I change my SIM card for my French number.

My phone(s) that I've been having this issue with: Samsung s4, s5 & s7 non edge
SD cards I've been having this issue with: SanDisk 64gb, Samsung evo 128gb.

Is there anyone who knows a way to store all your music for free, make Playlists with it and to not lose those Playlists when uncoupling the SD card?
An app to save Playlists would maybe work? (in what format, how to réimport them?) Or maybe a good music player that does save those Playlists somewhere not linked to the SD... Or maybe a free cloud-based music app that synchronizes my Playlists every now and then?

I would be incredibly thankful,
Thomas

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello and welcome to Android Central. I'm not sure this will solve your problem, but I had similar issues when I used to flash custom ROM's on rooted devices. When I flashed a new ROM, I had to go in to the Google Play Music settings and hit the "Refresh" button and the app would find missing music and playlists. Let me know if this helps. I will do some searching for additional solutions.

thomashermans

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
(It was me that started this question)

Thanks for the response, Lodingi, but it doens't solve my problem. The problem is not that my playlists are litterally missing, but just that they're all empty. As in: zero songs in a playlist that used to have 200 songs.

thomashermans

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
That's not really an option since my Playlists usually contain about 300 songs and I have about 20 Playlists in various genres... My free internal storage is only 3gb.
There has to be another way right? Is there really no app that creates Playlists that are item-related and not location-related? Or are there no cloud based apps in which I could synchronize my Playlists? Or are there no apps to save Playlists in a format that re-recognizes the tracks after a rescan of the SD card?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch