Why is my LG Tribute 5 not connecting to my computer via USB?

A

AC Question

I have an LG Tribute 5 from Sprint. My android version is 5.1.1. The computer I'm using is a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop running Windows 10. All I'm trying to do is manage files on my phone without using a Bluetooth connection. I have used a plethora of USB cords and none of them seem to work. Some only charge my phone, some do nothing. I've had this phone brand new for a little over a month and had my computer since March. The ports on both my laptop and phone are not damaged. I've used all three USB ports on my laptop and none do the trick. I've messed with the AutoPlay settings and that did nothing. When I plug my phone in, I expect some sort of notification on either the phone or laptop to change the connection settings, but the laptop doesn't react, and the phone only charges. I honestly have no idea what else to do to make it work.

SummerPlasma

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
That's a 2 wire cord - it's not supposed to carry data. (It's used to charge things like wireless headsets.)

Have you installed the LG drivers (into the laptop)? See LG Mobile Phone Support .

I installed the LG Suite to my Windows 10 computer but it still doesn't "see" my phone. I found the area of my phone to change the connection type (charging, file transfer, etc) but that didn't work, even when my phone is set to MTP. I tried PTP as well with no luck. I looked in the developer area of the phone but didn't see anything there that could help with my problem.