Pixel XL and Ford Sync Text Notification Issue

A

AC Question

I am hoping someone else is having this issue. I have no problems pairing my phone to the Sync system, but if I have text message notification turned on, it notifies me of all the old texts I've received every time I get in the car. So every time I get in the car, I have to go through and ignore 100's of messages before it will stop...then it goes through the process all over again the next time I get in the car. According to the Ford website, my Sync is the latest version, SYNC2-v3.8

mattxx123

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue. It is extremely frustrating to have 100 dings every time you get in the car. I think it has something to do with the native messaging app. I don't think it's registering the notifications as being read properly and when it connects to sync it sees them as new and starts notifying you that all the sms messages are new... just a guess.

tonyfranco26

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue, it's extremely frustrating. I have a 2016 Ford Fusion SE, and a Google Pixel 32gb silver. I'll post here if I find any info, or if this gets resolved, to close the loop. I'm sure lots more people are going to start voicing the same concerns soon. My Samsung Galaxy S5 worked great, now I'm starting to regret upgrading...

tonyfranco26

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so mine seems to be working now. Not sure if this is what did it, but I deleted the phone from my Ford's paired devices, then deleted SYNC from my phone's recognized bluetooth connections (so pretty much starting from scratch with connecting). After my third time connecting and disconnecting, it stopped with the crazy new message notifications. I got in the car later that night and it started doing it again, but then the following day, it was fixed. It's been a few days now with no issues.

Simon Benham

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Same issue with Pixel XL and Mondeo Sync 2 Sony system, tried deleting the phone multiple times but the crazy message notification issue keeps reappearing.

Just tried doing a Sync reset (forward skip + power) but issue came right back.

Frustrating!

Last edited:

Mikemcd22

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
Same issue with pixel xl and 2016 F-150. Have tried everything.

UPDATE possible solution/workaround ... In Sync, go to text messages and choose refresh when you get in your car. Seems to limit the number of texts it retrieves to the most recent unread. If this is consistent I will post later.

Last edited:

salada325

Sep 20, 2020
Visit site
Just in case anyone finds this thread in 2020 or beyond and is looking for a solution. I was having a similar issue, where every time I received a text message, I would receive a 2nd notification from a really old text. I couldn't find that old text anywhere in my default SMS app.

For me, the issue was Verizon's Integrated Messaging service. I used the Verizon Messages app for a couple years, and it's been storing my texts ever since. Apparently time has not been kind to the older texts, and they are doing weird stuff with Ford Sync, showing up as unread multiple times.

Anyway, what worked for me was to re-download Verizon Messages on my phone, and scroll through the conversation of the person whose ancient text would show up. Eventually it loaded in all the texts it had saved over the course of years, including the offending text, one from 2016. I deleted it, as well as a few other problem texts, and that seemed to do the trick.

If you don't care about that text history, you can just delete your Integrated Messaging account (blows up all the texts, but doesn't affect your Verizon account). If you do want the text history, try to isolate the actual content of the text message when it shows up on Sync, go find that message, and delete it.

This worked for me, hope it works for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty