Samsung Galaxy Note 5 email app/keyboard problem

A

AC Question

I am using Galaxy note 5 on t-mobile network. Everything was fine and suddenly there is a problem with the stock email app, or Samsung keyboard, or both...
problem is kind of weird i will try my best to explain.

Every time I type a symbol in an email the next character i type turns into the previous symbol, and character after that will be normal again.

Example:
when i try typing $1000.00 it will come out as $$00..0
(the 1 is automatically changed to $ and the 4th 0 is changed to a "."

The same thing happens to every symbol $,%,&,@, etc.

It gets more weird when I try typing an email address.

Example:
When I try typing email address like galaxynote5@samsung.com it would come out as ggalaxynote5@amsung..om
When I type the "s" in samsung it disappears, but it would add the first letter of the email in front of the email address, and the "c" in .com is replaced by a "."

This seems to only happen when I am typing an email in the stock email app. I've tried resetting the keyboard, clearing all personal settings. I tried using different email accounts, gmail, hotmail, yahoo mail and they all experience the same problem. I tried deleting the emails and add them again, and even resorted to factory reset the whole phone twice and still can't fix the problem.

I've always used stock email app so don't want to use other options like gmail, or outlook app. But someone else out there must've experience the same thing before?
Any idea or suggestion to fix this is appreciated.

I am on the latest Android OS marshmallow 6.0.1

Vetehead

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my Verizon note 5 native email program. I am updated to the latest o s available . As you say it just started out of nowhere. To add no other keyboards in any other apps seem to have this weird behavior. I have also tried all of the above to resolve except the full reset...someone please help with this!

TNT1503

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my Verizon note 5 native email program. I am updated to the latest o s available . As you say it just started out of nowhere. To add no other keyboards in any other apps seem to have this weird behavior. I have also tried all of the above to resolve except the full reset...someone please help with this!

William2222

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I have ATT. It clearly doesn't seem to matter what carrier you have. I have only had this happen when I am using the stock email and with my banking app. Everything else seems to be fine.

rodalfa

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Seems Google (was responsible and) has solved the bug, the Beta version of Android System Webview in Play Store (v. 55.0.2883.36) is working fine with Samsung Keyboard again. The current version (54.0.2840.68) has the problem.

wlgerber

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
i am also having the same issue. has it was stated the play store does not have the updated version at least on my phone. I went back to the factory keyboard by unistalling updates for the Android System Webview (it fixed my issue). I guess i will wait until the newer update is available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87